httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: micro benchmarks, redux
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:32:56 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

> My immediate reaction is that this is all pretty good news,
> because despite the fact that apreq2 is about an order of magnitude
> more complex than apreq1, we've managed to keep the performance
> gain over cgi_pm about the same (or better) than it was for apreq1,
> even on silly little benchmarks like these. I expect the gap to
> be even wider for real-world data, but I'm satisfied that we've
> done pretty well with apreq2 so far.

Neat. Though for some reason I was expecting v2 to be faster :)

I need to rewrite my old crafty Apache::Benchmark to use Apache-Test,
and then we could keep the actual benchmarks somewhere in cvs. But I
probably won't have time for that in the near future, so if someone
wants to take up on this job let me know and I'll give you the latest
version of Apache::Benchmark. (I wrote it originally for the practical
mod_perl book)

The good thing about keeping those around, is to run them as you
add/remove features, to make sure things don't get slower.