httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject cvs lists commit messages
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:52:47 GMT
Hi apmail folks,

Again and again we hit this -cvs lists problems. On unmoderated lists
legitimate commit mails don't get posted if the committer is not
subscribed from their apache.org address. On moderated lists we get this
useless spam work. Yes, the former issue can be fixed by asking one of
you to add the user to the allow list, or to make the list moderated,
but this happens again and again. Can we please resolve this -cvs lists
issue once and for all: automatically allow all posts originating form
the machine sending cvs commit mail and automatically block any other
email? there is no point in requiring moderation of the -cvs lists. All
discussion should happen on the parallel -dev lists.

Thanks a lot!