httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:03:07 GMT
On Jun 21, 2004, at 4:50 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I'm looking for a discussion on how to
> make CPAN work better for us.  Two issues
> I'd like to ask about are
>
>   1)  How should we set up CPAN so that
>       any apreq-dev committer can volunteer
>       to do a release?
>
> At the moment I don't know if other committers
> have the appropriate CPAN permissions for libapreq.
> Is there a way to put create an "apreq-dev" CPAN
> user/group that we may all share?

No, but you can use PAUSE to add co-owners. Just add the other
committers as co-owners and you'll be good to go.

>   2) How should we structure things
>      so that folks will get the "right"
>      version of libapreq?
>
> This is an issue that mp2 also faces, so I'm
> wondering if there's a plan in place, or do
> we need to come up with one?

Not sure what you mean by the "right" version of libapreq. Do you
distribute multiple versions in a single tarball? If not, then the only
other option is for folks to use Module::Build's version specification
syntax to specify specific versions:

   Apache::Request => '>= 1.2, != 1.5, < 2.0',

HTH,

David