httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: SSL file upload bug (was: It's time to get 2.03-dev out)
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 03:06:32 GMT
Scott Hutton <shutton@sputnik.com> writes:

[...]

> Indeed it is.  I've attached a patch for the "quick" fix for those of
> us who need it ASAP.

Thanks, Scott!  It does appear to work fine AFAICT. Current cvs now
contains a similar fix, however it postpones calls to ap_get_brigade
unless they're absolutely necessary.  When running the current ssl tests,
I saw a noticable speedup in with current cvs over the patch you posted,
mainly because we rarely need to setaside any buckets in practice. We
can avoid lots of extra memory allocation by postponing the calls to
parser/filter return points (instead of the function entry points),
which is how I restructured current-cvs to behave.

Totally speculative, I know.  However, I figured I should explain
why I wasn't totally satisfied with your straightforward approach
to the problem.

--
Joe Schaefer