httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/maps apreq_functions.map
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:10:25 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> > Despite my past grumblings to the contrary
>
> > add back tempnam() support, per user request.
>
> this isn't the worst thing in the world - I have used this feature
> before and it was kinda nice to have it.  of course, I could have
> lived without it too, but it's the users we need to keep happy ;)

Yup- since we're downplaying the new brigade API for uploads,
it looks like we're going to wind up with a very small
deprecation list for libapreq-1.4:

  Apache::Upload::next()
  Apache::Cookie::parse()

AFAICT the only things left to implement in the perl API
are DISABLE_UPLOADS, HOOK_DATA, and UPLOAD_HOOK.  Once those
are done, I suggest we start preparing for a libapreq-1.4 release
to notify 1.X users of the relevant API changes.

--
Joe Schaefer