httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: 2.03-dev-rc3 (was Re: 5.6.1 segfaults during perl tests)
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:58:38 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >>I'm not sure if this helps in narrowing things down, but
> >>with the current cvs (including the change just made a few
> >>minutes ago), I find all tests pass:
> >

> >>    usethreads=undef
> >

> > as I mentioned in the other response, I'm not seeing the same thing.
> > but it seems you are using a non-threaded perl whereas I am not.
> > I'll try building a non-threaded 5.8.4 and see if that helps.
>
> ok, unthreaded 5.8.4 works ok.  and it compiles cleanly after the attached
> patch :)

Ahh, you are a stickler, aren't you.  I bet it was a "used only once"
warning :-).  In any case, it's now applied.

Regarding the 5.8.4+ithreads problem, I'd again suggest you take a look
at any changes in sv_magic's implementation, because that's what we use
to pass the request_rec (env for us) along to the the parent class
(Apache::RequestRec), and it's being mangled somehow.  Otherwise diff
ppport.h and see what's changed in the THX macros...

> and thanks for the nomination.

My pleasure.

> I feel really bad that I haven't been able to contribute as much as I
> should here,

No worries- committership is not meant to be an obligation, mainly
an recognition of your long-time participation here, as well as a
strong desire to get out of your way :-).

> but I guess you can't do everything.  well, unless you're a whirlwind
> like someone I know ;)

Yup, we're pretty lucky to have a few of those guys around.  I'm
still waiting for the other whirlwind to weigh in, even though he
surely hates me now for forcing him to do it in public again :-).

--
Joe Schaefer