httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: It's time to get 2.03-dev out
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:36:03 GMT
Scott Hutton <shutton@sputnik.com> writes:

[...]

> One more for the list.  At least as of RC2, the bug mentioned in:
>
>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=108609005217749&w=2
>
> is still present.  I've been tracking it down.  I'm still testing
> against RC2 since I have it riddled with debugging code at this point,
> and no recent CVS commits seem to hit anything relevant to the bug.

Thanks Scott, I've added the url to the BUGS section in the STATUS file.
What I've been really pining for is a way to have mod_apreq.c
incorporate "a flight recorder" mode that will automatically record
every bucket it sees, and generate a .c file that can be plugged
directly into the t/ unit tests.  That way you could just enable
the flight recorder on a troublesome request, copy
the generated files directly into the test suite, and
rerun "make test" to see what's going on.

That would really help us avoid regressions in the future,
since the generated files could be readily committed to cvs.

--
Joe Schaefer