httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:12:17 GMT

Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> I've submitted polished solution proposals for each one of the two
> issues to p5p but alas, nothing has happened.

OK- let's bias for action then, since nothing will get fixed by
waiting for p5p to act benevolently.  Two possibilities:

  1) announce a policy refusing to upload stable releases of
     libapreq2/mp2 to CPAN until CPAN is capable of handling
     multiple versions. Official releases would be available
     only through the ASF or via third-party rpm/deb/port packages.

  2) force the issue and release libapreq2 or mp2 to CPAN
     with correct META.yml files, and let everyone else sort
     out the ensuing mess.  Both mp2 and apreq2 have been providing
     these files with their developer releases, so there should be
     no surprises here.

Once we choose a course, we should notify the modperl@ list of our
decision.  Opinions?

--