httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject status and error handling in apreq2
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:14:37 GMT
It's time to implement Apache::Request::status,
and looking over the current code, there are
a few shortcomings that we should also address:

  1) the status attribute in apreq_value_t is not
     useful, and it should be dropped,

  2) we need a way of recording and reporting
     whether the query_string parse was successful,
     so adding an args_status field to apreq_request_t
     seems logical,

  3) ditto for parsing the "Cookie" headers-
     add a status field to cookie_jar_t.

Then we can expose those fields in Perl,
so users have a way to detect such problems.
Also adding a $req->body_status that reports
the active parser's current status would make
a nice implementation of $req->status possible:

  sub status {
    wantarray ? ($req->args_status, $req->body_status)
              : $req->args_status || $req->body_status;
  }

Thoughts?

--
Joe Schaefer