httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: 2.03-dev-rc1 available
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:20:23 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> On a related note, I get the same segfaults with 5.6.1 (no ithreads)
> on Debian woody.  Everything compiles and all the non-perl tests
> pass, but all the perl tests segfault.

The main problem appears to be that sv_magic has changed
substantially between 5.6.1 and 5.8.x.  I can get all
the request tests to pass after rewriting the sv_magic()
call in glue/perl/apreq_xs_postperl.h like so

APR_INLINE
SV *apreq_xs_c2perl(pTHX_ void *obj, void *env, const char *class)
{
    SV *rv = sv_setref_pv(newSV(0), class, obj);
    if (env) {
      sv_magic(SvRV(rv), Nullsv, PERL_MAGIC_ext, env, -1);
      SvMAGIC(SvRV(rv))->mg_ptr = env;
    }
    return rv;
}

The cookie.t bake tests (6-7) still segfault, but I imagine
the problem there is similar (the request_rec looks partially
corrupted).

--
Joe Schaefer