httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:18:18 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

> > Anybody here have access to the APML account?  I'll try to
> > get in touch with Jim about transferring ownership to APML.
>
> I think that would be Doug.

Who is the current pmc@ chair for the modperl project?  IMO
that person should *always* have access to the APML account.

> CPAN really should move to group accounts,  not only because of perms,
> but also because of confusion that it creates if users go to the
> developer's CPAN dir for the latest release, when someone else has
> done the release. we already take turns to do releases and it's
> confusing. Moreover cpan-testers emails arriving to the person who did
> the release, instead of the list where the group supports the module.

+1, however 99% of CPAN are individually-maintained packages,
so we should take it upon ourselves to reorganize things around
the ASF.  How about putting a simple LWP script on cvs.apache.org
that automates the PAUSE upload?  We can also ask infra to set up an
apml unix group and make the script accessible only to those groupmembers
(thus keeping the APML password protected from non-apml users).

--
Joe Schaefer