httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:27:12 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Joe Schaefer wrote:
>

> [...]
>

>>>Anybody here have access to the APML account?  I'll try to
>>>get in touch with Jim about transferring ownership to APML.
>>
>>I think that would be Doug.
>

> Who is the current pmc@ chair for the modperl project?  IMO
> that person should *always* have access to the APML account.

That person is Doug.

>>CPAN really should move to group accounts,  not only because of perms,
>>but also because of confusion that it creates if users go to the
>>developer's CPAN dir for the latest release, when someone else has
>>done the release. we already take turns to do releases and it's
>>confusing. Moreover cpan-testers emails arriving to the person who did
>>the release, instead of the list where the group supports the module.
>

> +1, however 99% of CPAN are individually-maintained packages,
> so we should take it upon ourselves to reorganize things around
> the ASF.  How about putting a simple LWP script on cvs.apache.org
> that automates the PAUSE upload?  We can also ask infra to set up an
> apml unix group and make the script accessible only to those groupmembers
> (thus keeping the APML password protected from non-apml users).

I suppose that could work. But there are quite a few modules that have the
same need. And they aren't part of ASF. So your workaround will work for apreq
and mp2, leaving behind other CPAN modules.

Ideally, each developer should login into their PAUSE account and then "sudo"
into the group they want to operate within.