httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:59:49 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:

> Of course, the simplest solution would be to rename it Apache2::Request.

As others have mentioned while this may work for a few modules which have
changed a lot, this route doesn't make sense for modules whose users API
hasn't changed. Forcing users to change their code and make branching to get
the same functionality is a not the best idea, IMHO.

That kind of a workaround is just a mess. In my posts to p5p I gave a great
example of GD.pm which has gone through several generations while having the
same major number, making it very hard to use.