httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:53:45 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> I'm looking for a discussion on how to
> make CPAN work better for us.  Two issues
> I'd like to ask about are
>
>   1)  How should we set up CPAN so that
>       any apreq-dev committer can volunteer
>       to do a release?
>
> At the moment I don't know if other committers
> have the appropriate CPAN permissions for libapreq.
> Is there a way to put create an "apreq-dev" CPAN
> user/group that we may all share?
>
>   2) How should we structure things
>      so that folks will get the "right"
>      version of libapreq?
>
> This is an issue that mp2 also faces, so I'm
> wondering if there's a plan in place, or do
> we need to come up with one?

As both mp2 and all Apache:: modules suffer from these 2 problems, I've spent
quite a lot of time trying to cause the necessary changes over the period of
the last two years. But unfortunately noone who manages CPAN infrastructure
cares :(

I've submitted polished solution proposals for each one of the two issues to
p5p but alas, nothing has happened.