httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: 2.03-dev-rc3 (was Re: 5.6.1 segfaults during perl tests)
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:54:01 GMT

> It's great that it worked itself out, but I wonder if it may
> not be such a silly error - perhaps a mismatch between using
> part of an installed version and the rest from the new
> build? I've seen that happen on Win32, which admittedly is
> quite different in this respect, but when it does happen,
> it leads to similar errors (I'm working on trying to prevent
> it on Win32).

hmm, that's a definite possibility.  lately my nightly builds have been
taking so long that they are still running when I start work in the morning.
  so today I stopped the running one midway to speed up the server, then
when I went to test libapreq I _thought_ I did a make realclean before
starting up the mod_perl build again.  but maybe I didn't.  and maybe it was
in the middle of a 2.1 build or something and there were 2.1-based files
mixed with 2.0 or something.  the price you pay for trying to maintain lots
of different versions, I guess :)

anyway, I'll holler if it crops up again, but I tried a few new builds and
still wasn't able to reproduce.

--Geoff

Mime
View raw message