httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: CPAN Apache::Request typo in test suite
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:03:32 GMT
Jim Winstead wrote:
> this should go to the apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org list, which i have
> cc'ed.
>
> jim
>
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 08:39:27PM +0200, Christoph Rudorff wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>While installing tons of perl modules on my MacOSX,
>>make test failed on Apache::Request (libapreq-1.3).
>>Its just this typo in the tests:
>>
>>t/response/TestApReq/inherit.pm:10
>>
>>- printf "method => %s\n", $apr->method;
>>+ $r->printf("method => %s\n", $apr->method);
>>
>>now the test passes as expected.

Quite a few people on MacOSX had the problem with tied STDOUT not working.
It's a problem of MacOSX perl, not mod_perl's. Noone has posted how did they
solve the problem, but something about rebuilding the perl.

However, it's probably OK to use $r->print in the apreq tests suite, since it
doesn't need to test tied STDOUT, something that mod_perl does already.