httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Sabol" <sa...@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Issues with CPAN releases
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:49:47 GMT
Randy wrote:
> I think the problem is that the CPAN indices only keep track of the
> highest version of a module.

By inspection, this doesn't appear to be exactly true.

There seems to be a way to label a release as a "developer release." Check
out MIME-tools-6.200_02 and MIME-tools-5.411a. The latter is the stable
release. The former is a developer release. If you go to search.cpan.org,
it'll take you to MIME-tools-5.411a by default. You have to select
MIME-tools-6.200_02 from the "Other Releases" menu.

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=MIME%3A%3ATools&mode=module
http://search.cpan.org/~eryq/MIME-tools-5.411a/
http://search.cpan.org/~eryq/MIME-tools-6.200_02/

I'm not sure how this is done. Probably something in the META.yml file, so I
suggest you check out these distributions.