httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2 patch] getting APR to work w/o modperl
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 02:29:20 GMT
On Mon, 17 May 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
[ ... ]
> Randy Kobes wrote:
> >
> > I'll try it for Windows and see how much is involved; if
> > this works as expected, it should just involve changing
> > how things are compiled, as well as the order (APR.so coming
> > first). But one of the joys of working with Windows is
> > that things are never as expected ;)

I've now tried it on Windows, and in particular the
(patched) apr-ext tests pass. This though was manual;
I'll next try to get things built automatically. But
just for information, what was required was
- adjust xs/APR/APR/APR.def to include
    modperl_interp_unselect
    modperl_hash_tie
    modperl_hash_tied_object
    modperl_perl_gensym
    modperl_error_strerror
in the list of exported symbols
- build APR first, so APR::* can link against it (the
default action is to build APR::* first);
- adjust the Makefiles in APR::* to link to
     blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/APR.lib
before linking to src/modules/perl/mod_perl.lib
- add
     blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/
to the PATH, so APR.dll can be found (perhaps APR.dll
[APR.so] should be installed to $APACHE2/lib or
$APACHE2/bin, as appropriate?)

In any case, no source code changes were needed - I think
all the above can be done within the Makefile generation.

--
best regards,
randy