httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2 patch] getting APR to work w/o modperl
Date Fri, 07 May 2004 14:06:13 GMT
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> > Remind me please what is mod_perl.lib? The file with symbols listing?
>
> and also show me the actual output where it is used during
> linking. Thanks.

I don't have access to my Win32 machine at the moment, but
it's used at the link stage:

cl.exe -c ... WhatEver.c
link C:\Path\to\Apache2\lib\libapr.lib ...
    C:\Path\to\modperl-2.0\...\mod_perl.lib ...

The compilations (cl.exe ...) is fine. With the link to
mod_perl.lib in there, the symbols get resolved, but via
mod_perl.lib, so that when you try to use the module (for
example, in the apr-ext tests) it searches for mod_perl.so,
and dies if that isn't in the PATH (mod_perl.so is a dll).
If I take out mod_perl.lib in the link stage, the link
command dies with an unknown symbol error.

--
best regards,
randy