httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <>
Subject Re: Test build w/ Perl glue for CGI
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:39:25 GMT
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Stas Bekman <> writes:
> > Can you explain why are you trying to run mod_perl libraries w/o loading
> > in first place? What is this test about? Is it about
> > Apache::Request working w/o mod_perl? In which case it won't work,
> > until we fix APR::Table not to rely on (which is doable
> > and planned). Is that what you are after?
> Bingo.  The 2.03-dev release is supposed to add CGI to the supported
> environments for Apache::Request.  If APR::Table (and APR::Brigade, btw)
> is going to be "divorced" from soonish, we might be able to
> go forward with it.  Otherwise I think we'll need to put it off until
> 2.04-dev (I'd really like 2.04 to be our final dev release, with 2.05
> being the supported, stable release).

Decoupling APR:* from would be the goal; what
I wanted with these perl cgi tests is just to see in
principle if they would work. So I took the view that was (on Win32) just a dll that provided some
needed symbols, and made that available to the perl
cgi script. At one point this also worked on linux,
I thought with just setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I
guess there must have been more - I'll look at this next
week (I'm away for a few days).

best regards,

View raw message