httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Test build w/ Perl glue for CGI
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:30:43 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:
> >
> >>Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >>I see the same thing, no ideas though.
> >>
> >>btw, the test_cgi.pl script has a hard-coded perl for your system in
> >>it. I'd suggest using t_write_perl_script() for the generation of all
> >>cgi scripts (not just this one).  patch for this one only attached.
> > Thanks!  A patched package is available at
> >   http://cvs.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-20040416.tar.gz
> > Folks, please try this one.  If we can't figure out why
> > the cgi tests are hanging, maybe we should just skip
> > tests 8-31 for now and commit the test script (glue/perl/t/cgi.t)
> > to cvs.
>
> Give it some time to timeout, it's not 8-31 that fail. It fails on 8th (15
> keys), but succeeds on 9th (26 keys) and next time it hangs on 14th, etc.
>
> The error is:
>
> [Fri Apr 16 12:40:24 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script
> headers: test_cgi.pl
>
> Sounds like a buggy code. I didn't dig into it.

That's hard to believe, since it's the exact same test script from env/t.
To eliminate the timeouts I commented out all the apreq_log calls in the
generated cgi script (whatever bug that now avoids isn't a problem with
Apache::Request). It runs to completion, but fails the final cookie
tests 27-31 because some modperl symbols are missing from APR::Table.
The error log for the failed cookie tests now yields

  relocation error: /home/joe/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.9.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi-ld/Apache2/auto/APR/Table/Table.so:
undefined symbol: modperl_hash_tied_object

--
Joe Schaefer