httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Schaefer <>
Subject Re: Test build w/ Perl glue for CGI
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:45:43 GMT
Randy Kobes <> writes:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Stas Bekman <> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > That means that something is trying to load APR::Table w/o
> > > being loaded.
> >
> > And the solution for this is?
> On Win32 I just put in the cgi-bin directory
> where the script is - this worked as Win32 checks the
> current directory for needed dlls. 


> On linux, if I remember correctly, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
> the Apache2 modules/ directory (I know this isn't great, but it was
> just for a proof of concept).

Can you please elaborate ? I added

  SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/path/to/apache2/modules"

to the /cgi-bin/ directives in t/conf/extra.conf, but it didn't fix 
anything.  Also were it possible, there's a even bigger problem with loading many of _its_ symbols are unresolved because they're part
of the httpd executable (all the ap_* calls). DynaLoader::dl_load_file
does not seem to like this (it won't load on linux).

> By the way, on Win32, all the perl cgi tests were successful
> if one used the smaller keys (as described in the comments
> in the cgi script). There seemed to be some sharp point in
> the sizes involved at which the tests hang.

If you run test 8 directly from the command line, the script works fine.
Also when I changed the script's apreq_log sub to a noop :

  sub apreq_log {

everything but the cookie tests passed, even when using the larger 
keys. Quite strange that IO (or lack thereof) on stderr influences the 

Joe Schaefer

View raw message