httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Test build w/ Perl glue for CGI
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:19:48 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Can you explain why are you trying to run mod_perl libraries w/o loading
> mod_perl.so in first place? What is this test about? Is it about
> Apache::Request working w/o mod_perl? In which case it won't work,
> until we fix APR::Table not to rely on mod_perl.so (which is doable
> and planned). Is that what you are after?

Bingo.  The 2.03-dev release is supposed to add CGI to the supported
environments for Apache::Request.  If APR::Table (and APR::Brigade, btw)
is going to be "divorced" from mod_perl.so soonish, we might be able to
go forward with it.  Otherwise I think we'll need to put it off until
2.04-dev (I'd really like 2.04 to be our final dev release, with 2.05
being the supported, stable release).

--
Joe Schaefer