httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: RPM spec file for apreq2
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:14:49 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> I've been playing with making an RPM spec file for apreq2 (for easy
> install on Fedora). Would you be interested in including it in the
> distro, so that people can simply do "rpmbuild -tb tarball" and have the
> whole thing ready? I would also supply a small apreq.conf file that
> would go into /etc/httpd/conf.d, as per Fedora convention.

-0.

Most likely it won't be compatible with other distros and then people will
start complaining that it doesn't work for them, creating unnecessary
confusion and developer time overhead.

IMHO, the best solution is for you to upload it somewhere in the permanent
place and have the apreq website link to it. You may want to provide
source/binary rpms there just as well.

We do that for mod_perl and it works pretty well:
http://perl.apache.org/download/binaries.html#RedHat_Linux
in fact we would be happy to link to them from the modperl site (That exact
url) as well.

Also check who is the current maintainer of the apache2 modules with RedHat
and submit your spec to them. That way everybody in the RH camp will have it
without needing to look for it. But you know that already :)