httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Building on Red Hat 9
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:12:04 GMT
I think I've mentioned this before, but ran into it again yesterday
when building apreq 1.3 on Red Hat 9. I was unable to get it to work
without applying this patch:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

IIRC, Stas said there were some issues getting this to work for Mac OS
X folks. I was thinking that this was because OS X doesn't use .o for
dynamic libraries, but using Config{so} doesn't work, either:

   cc: Request.dylib: No such file or directory
   make[1]: *** [../blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.bundle] Error 1

So I'm not sure what the issue is. But it's annoying that it has to be
coded one way on Mac OS X and another way on Red Hat. Does it work
as-is on other Linux boxes? The error I get on Red Hat 9 in similar to
this (during make test):

Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
Can't load
'/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/
Request.so'
  for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object
file:
  No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm
  line 229.

So I'm just curious as to whether anyone has any ideas how to modify
Stas' patch to work on Mac OS X, or if there's some other fix to get it
to work on Red Hat 9 without breaking OS X (and potentially other
platforms, I assume).

Thanks,

David