httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache-Cookie]
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 04:17:35 GMT
Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> > but if we are going to put anything there, I'd expect it
> > to be the version number of mod_apreq, not libapreq2.
>
> yeah, that's kinda what I meant - sorry I'm not more hip to
> the modern nomenclature ;)

I was just thinking out loud, that's all.  I'm just
wondering what other folks think about your idea.

It certainly will help in tracking down inevitable
problems if/when users start getting mod_apreq and
libapreq2 out-of-sync (from different releases of libapreq2).
On *nix, the library version is easy to get from the .so file
name, but mod_apreq's version is only available in the
source code. Putting the version number on the Server
line might be a big help going forward, so I'm leaning
towards +1.

--
Joe Schaefer