httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Building on Red Hat 9
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:04:34 GMT
David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:

> On Mar 27, 2004, at 7:29 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > +1. My only objection to Stas' patch has been that, until now,
> > noone had confirmed that it worked on OS/X.  Since we now know
> > that this patch does, could you also please correct the
> > INSTALL.MacOSX file?  Or can we just chuck it entirely now?
>
> Does it need updating? We still have to compile the C libs first and
> then the Perl module, AFAIK.

But the document says you must INSTALL the C libs first, which
I no longer believe is true once the patch is applied.  So is
all the stuff in INSTALL.MacOSX which is related to that
(BUILD.sh, ./configure, etc.) still actually necessary?

If you're not sure how to address my question, the simplest
way to find out is by removing the installed shared libs for
libapreq in /usr/local), and see if you can do the normal perl
build/test/install (i.e. same as you would on RH-9).  If that
doesn't work, then we probably need to keep INSTALL.MacOSX;
but if it does work, I think we can throw that file away now.

Anyways, I'll defer the decision to you, since between the two
of us you're the one with actual OS/X experience.  I'm just
playing blind guessing games :-).

--
Joe Schaefer