httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache-Cookie]
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:11:53 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org> writes:
>

>>>but if we are going to put anything there, I'd expect it
>>>to be the version number of mod_apreq, not libapreq2.
>>
>>yeah, that's kinda what I meant - sorry I'm not more hip to
>>the modern nomenclature ;)
>

> I was just thinking out loud, that's all.  I'm just
> wondering what other folks think about your idea.
>
> It certainly will help in tracking down inevitable
> problems if/when users start getting mod_apreq and
> libapreq2 out-of-sync (from different releases of libapreq2).
> On *nix, the library version is easy to get from the .so file
> name, but mod_apreq's version is only available in the
> source code. Putting the version number on the Server
> line might be a big help going forward, so I'm leaning
> towards +1.

Hey, and then Netcraft and Security Space will count mod_apreq usage!!!

And you probably also want to generated and customize mod_perl/Apache-Test's
t/REPORT and/or bin/apreq2bug (similar to bin/mp2bug and start advertising it
in the docs / test failure banner so that people send in proper bug reports
and you don't have to ask for the data again and again.