httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [apreq2] CHANGES format
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:54:33 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>I still find the CHANGES file full of irrelevant to users
>>clutter. This file is for end users and dating each change adds no
>>additional values to users. Those who want dates have a full cvs
>>control to figure them out.
>

> +1.  However, please keep in mind that the CHANGES file is
> also part of our doxygen-generated files:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2/CHANGES.html
>
> I don't want to see the doxygen stuff pulled out entirely,
> since the generated links are pretty nifty.

why would it affect doxygen? The suggested format is:

@section v2_03_dev Changes with libapreq2-2.03-dev

- February 16, 2004

-- Perl API

Include ppport.h from blead-perl to support older perls. [stas]

Add a proper support for ithreads. [stas]

-- C API

Fixed bug in calculation of Netscape cookie expiration dates.
apr_time_t is measured in microseconds, not seconds, which
threw off the arithmetic; apr_time_from_sec was needed for
the conversion. [Swen Schillig, joes]

Fix segfault caused by invalid %-escape sequence in query string.
[Max Kellermann]

@section v2_02_dev Changes with libapreq2-2.02-dev

that also shows that we may need to split CHANGES for C and Perl APIs. Perhaps
the perl API changes should go into glue/perl/CHANGES or CHANGES.perl?
Thinking here about other glues is a good idea.

BTW, the URL that you quoted above, try to click on mod_apreq.c on Oct 23,
2003 entry. it's 404.

And that file is quite outdated... Oct 26, 2003 is 5 months old.