httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject licenses of both apreq projects need to be updated by March 1
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:54:37 GMT
Please see: http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: official name of the ASF
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:13:54 -0800
From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
To: committers@apache.org

Please don't take this as a criticism of anyone doing the painful
but important work of mass-changing the license, but I've noticed
a common mistake: folks are shortening our name.

When modifying the copyright notice for Apache software, the name
of the copyright owner must be stated as in the following examples:

    Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
or
    Copyright 2002-2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
or
    Copyright 2002,2004 The Apache Software Foundation.

That is the official name of the corporation as registered in Delaware,
so it is important not to leave out the "The" for the copyright notice
(just about everywhere else it doesn't matter).

....Roy