httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Sabol" <sa...@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: libapreq2-2.02-dev build problems with Perl 5.6.1
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:00:45 GMT
>> Next, I patched Makefile.PL to use ExtUtils::MM instead of $Config{perlpath}.
>> I posted this patch on December 11th, but it was never applied to the CVS
>> repository. I need this patch or it won't use the correct version of Perl.
>
> I don't like the idea of using EU::MM simply because $Config{perlpath}
> isn't yielding the right path, but I confess ignorance as to the cause.

EU::MM/MakeMaker is what 98% of all Makefile.PL's use to perform this very
task. It's a standard Perl module (i.e., it comes with Perl). Oh, and it gets
the path correct. Frankly, I don't understand the reluctance to utilize it.

> ISTR Apache::Test (prehaps just in a previous version) relied on
> $Config{perlpath} as well, so I'm skeptical that simply moving to
> EU::MM is the right solution.

IMHO, Apache::Test shouldn't be using $Config{perlpath} either.

> Hopefully fixing the warnings will solve this as well.  What
> platform are you running on?

Linux, dual AMD processors. Mostly Red Hat 7.3, but with an updated kernel
that has the latest security patches.