httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: query string parser
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:02:45 GMT
"Nir Shahaf" <nir_sh@magnifire.com> writes:

> apreq_request() does write an error message to the error log when
> parsing fails. When such an error occurs, the query string parsing
> stops. The modification is simple. In addition to the newly created
> apreq object, the function can also return a return-code (for example
> by adding an additional parameter in which the code is returned). This
> way, the calling application can know if everything passed
> successfully.

One big problem with this is that apreq_request() only parses the
query string once per-request.  If some other module calls
apreq_request() before yours does, the return status will only be
available to them.

In other words, to do what you're asking for, I think we'd need to
store the return value of apreq_parse_query_string() somewhere.

--
Joe Schaefer