httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: libapreq2-2.02 dev and SunOS 5.9
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:27:37 GMT
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, phil harley wrote:

[ ... ]
> I had the same problem. I did two things to correct it.
> One I used the GNU make instead of the sun make in /usr/ccs/bin
> I then got the real errors!
> Second I fixed the errors by changing the source file
> under glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h
> at about line 75 from
>      const char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };
>       char altkey[] = { '_', key[0] };
>
> so the old thing needed is to take out the const declaration.
> Many Thanks to Randy Kobes for helping me to fiqure out how
> to fix the code.
> The make still produces a lot of warnings but does compile and link
> with the GNU make.

As Phil and I discussed off-line, the above fix is just
a workaround. The problem seems to come from using Sun's
compiler - a groups.google.ca search of
  Sun compiler left operand must be modifiable lvalue
brought up several threads which illustrated similar
differences in this regard between gcc and Sun's compiler,
for example, in using functions that return a struct with
a const element.

--
best regards,
randy