httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: goals for 2.03-dev?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:02:55 GMT
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Sven Geisler wrote:

> I'd like to have parts of CGI ported to apreq. I like to
> use CGI to generate HTML. I think using CGI in
> mod_perl/apreq CGI consumes to much memory. Also a lot of
> the code of CGI can be implemented in C with less memory
> usage. May be something like Apache::CGI...

Others may have different opinions, but I'd feel that adding
in html shortcuts like this should be decoupled from the
apreq library ...

> The second suggestion is to handle different encodings.
> Apreq should support the UTF-8 flag of Perl. This will
> help on unicode input from browsers.

Are you thinking about the perl glue? mod_perl 2 already
handles utf-8 - it would be good to write some tests to
see how this fares with Apache::Request et al.

--
best regards,
randy