httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: goals for 2.03-dev?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:30:17 GMT
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I'm out of town for the rest of this week, but
> I've been using the time to try out the Win32 build
> with current cvs.  The first thing I noticed with apreq
> is that the --without-perl option for win32/Configure.pl
> should probably be renamed --disable-perl-glue to keep
> it in sync with the Unix ./configure build.  Secondly,
> the library names libapr.dll and libaprutil.dll are hard-coded
> into the Win32 Makefiles.  IMO they should use the Win32 ports
> of ap[ru]-config instead (ie apr's current cvs builds
> libapr-1.dll now). The httpd version checks should also
> be relaxed to qr{Apache/2\.\d} instead of qr{Apache/2\.0}.

I've just committed some changes to do all those things:
- use --disable-perl-glue, rather than --without-perl
- allow Apache/2.\d
- use the (apr|apu)-config utilties to get the names
of the libraries, both for the C side of things and the
Perl glue. This required some changes in the
(apr|apu)-config scripts, to record the library names - you
can get the newer version of these by deleting
    C:\Path\to\Apache2\bin\apxs.bat
and rerunning 'perl Makefile.PL' in httpd-apreq-2.

All of these changes were Win32-specific, except the
last one, which affected xsbuilder.pl - I used
File::Basename, and also got rid of an extra variable
that on Unix was redundant and is now no longer needed
on Win32.

--
best regards,
randy