httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: mod_apreq without perl
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:43:22 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> I forgot about the build/version_check.pl script checking
> things - you're right that it does demand mod_perl
> and Apache-Test. I guess in principle these could be
> relaxed if not building the perl glue (for mod_perl) and/or
> testing (for Apache-Test).

My thinking on having the mp2/apache_test checks in Makefile.PL
was that, for *nix, folks that run '% perl Makefile.PL'
want to install the perl glue.  People that don't should use ./configure.
I guess it's possible to expect/document a similar dichotomy
for win32/Configure.pl, but the current INSTALL document is
a bit too brief for this :-).  Otherwise we can move the
mp2/Apache-Test checks into the non-Win32 section of Makefile.PL.

> > Another problem:
> > libapreq2.mak  references apreq_tables.c(.obj) which is not in src\
> > folder anymore.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out - I missed that. It's
> been fixed in the current cvs version.

It'll be in the 2.01-dev release.

--
Joe Schaefer