httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/build version_check.pl
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:41:47 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> The Win32 section does use some parts of version_check.pl,
> which is very nice - one thing I'll work on is getting the
> top-level Makefile.PL to have not so many Win32 branches.

We should try to keep OS conditionals out of version_check.pl.
META.yml, which is a static file in the release package,
needs a list of prereqs that are OS independent.

> One thing though I'd like to perhaps keep is that, if
> Apache-Test and/or mod_perl isn't found, one could offer to
> install them via ppm, without having to quit.

+1- I'm hoping that someday CPAN will be able to do figure
that out right from the META.yml file, so the prereqs can be
installed by CPAN.pm before libapreq2 is even downloaded.

--
Joe Schaefer