httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [ANN] libapreq2-2.02-dev release candidate #1
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:51:50 GMT
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Steve Hay wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ .. ]
> >That is weird ... For one thing,
> >     nmake perl_test
> >just does, as you found,
> >[ ... ]
> >>        cd C:\Temp\LIBAPR~1.02-\glue\perl
> >>        NMAKE /nologo test
> >>
> >so it does a cd into glue/perl and nmakes test from there.
> >
> That snippet above is interesting - I hadn't noticed before that it uses
> the 8.3 name to cd into.  (I used the full name when I cd'd into that
> directory.)  Just for laughs I tried using the 8.3 name to cd into, and
> low-and-behold it does fail!
>
> In case you've lost the plot at this point, I now have:
>
> "nmake perl_test" fails
> "cd C:\Temp\LIBAPR~1.02-\glue\perl && nmake test" fails
> "cd C:\Temp\libapreq2-2.02-dev\glue\perl && nmake test" works!

Very strange - I'm a bit baffled. It's like saying the
8.3 filename and the full filename aren't equivalent.

I'll look into this more on the weekend. One thing that
may be happening - do you have multiple libapreq2-2.02***
directories at the same level? If so, are
  "cd C:\Temp\LIBAPR~1.02-\glue\perl && nmake test"
and
  "cd C:\Temp\libapreq2-2.02-dev\glue\perl && nmake test"
doing 'nmake test' in the same directory? Perhaps the 8.3
name puts you into another directory .... This won't solve
the problem, but at least would explain it.

[ .. ]
> I just thought of one other weird thing that I've done.
> I don't know if it is relevant or not, but I don't recall
> having to do it with libapreq1.  I had to edit the
> httpd.conf file in my Apache installation directory
> (C:\apache2) to load mod_perl.  Initially "nmake
> perl_test"  just bombed out straight away with:
>
>     Syntax error on line 185 of
> C:/Temp/libapreq2-2.02-dev/glue/perl/t/conf/httpd.conf:
>     Invalid command 'PerlResponseHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or
> defined by a module not included in the server configuration
>
> The  t/conf/httpd.conf file that it wrote contained this:
>
>     <IfModule !mod_perl.c>
>         #unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
>     </IfModule>
>
> So I added these lines to my installed Apache conf file:
>
>     LoadFile C:/apache2/perl5/bin/perl58.dll
>     LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
>
> and tried again.  This time it worked, and the t/conf/httpd.conf file
> contained this:
>
>     <IfModule !mod_perl.c>
>         LoadFile "C:\apache2\perl5\bin\perl58.dll"
>     LoadModule perl_module "\Apache2\modules\mod_perl.so"
>     </IfModule>

I think this is the expected behaviour - Apache::Test will
add modules it finds in the system httpd.conf to its
generated httpd.conf, and, for this particular test,
mod_perl is needed. You may not have had to do this with
libapreq1 because you had already loaded mod_perl in the
corresponding C:\Apache\conf\httpd.conf.

-- 
best regards,
randy

Mime
View raw message