httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: 2.02-dev release coming
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:12:17 GMT
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Based on the (ack'd) segfault in Apache::Cookie::new()
> posted to the modperl list today, I think it'd be a
> good idea to put out another release as soon
> as we can.  I'd like to add a few more tests to
> to make sure the fix I committed today is correct,
> and then I'll post a 2.02-dev release candidate
> for review.
>
> If there's anything else folks want to see in
> 2.02-dev, now would be a good time to say so.

This is probably premature, and perhaps could wait for a
more leisurely examination, but I've been looking at the CGI
perl glue. The problems I had before about the APR module
not calling apr_initialize() have now disappeared, perhaps
due to some changes in mp2 or libapreq2, but more probably
due to me understanding things better. What this boils down
to is I now have a glue/perl/t/cgi.t test (essentially the
same as the env/t/cgi.t test), which uses a
glue/perl/t/cgi-bin/test_cgi.pl (essentially a perl version
of env/test_cgi.c). test_cgi.pl, as well as needing
libapreq2.(so|dll), needs mod_perl.so to resolve some
symbols, and creates the objects as
   my $p = APR::Pool->new();
   my $req = Apache::Request->new($p);
   my %cookies = Apache::Cookie->fetch($p);
Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with large posted
data. But if one keeps the posts to under some maximum size,
all request and cookie tests pass.

--
best regards,
randy