httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/build version_check.pl
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:54:57 GMT
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >>but it still checks for 1.04. Would it better to do?
> >>
> >>  my $apache_test_version = $^O eq 'MSWin32' ? "1.06" : "1.04";
> >>  "Apache::Test" => { version => $apache_test_version,
> >
> > Not in 2.01-dev, that code has already been voted on and sent
> > out the door.
>
> Sure.
>
> > I don't think Randy's Win32 build sytem uses version_check.pl,
> > so it's probably a moot point at the moment.  However, 2.02-dev
> > is underway, so feel free to fire away at cvs.  My schedule is quite
> > full this week, so I may not have much time for apreq-dev, other
> > than my usual silly comments on the list.
>
> Since I'm not on win32 and can't test it I'll leave it to
> Randy to commit ;)

The Win32 section does use some parts of version_check.pl,
which is very nice - one thing I'll work on is getting the
top-level Makefile.PL to have not so many Win32 branches.
One thing though I'd like to perhaps keep is that, if
Apache-Test and/or mod_perl isn't found, one could offer to
install them via ppm, without having to quit. This assumes
though ActivePerl, which isn't necessarily the case.

--
best regards,
randy