httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: mod_apreq without perl
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:28:30 GMT
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Vladimir Dudov wrote:

> Finally I got libapreq2.dll and mod_apreq.so. But I had to switch from
> cugwin to ActivePerl.
>
> A couple problems:
> If I run *perl Makefile.PL --without-perl *without installed Apache-Test
> and mod-perl it complains:
> /perl: 5.8.0 ok
> Can't locate Apache/Test.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
> C:/Perl/site/lib .) at build/version_ch
> eck.pl line 18.
> Please upgrade apache_test first. at Makefile.PL line 13.
> /
> When I installed Apahce-Test and run *perl Makefile.PL --without-perl,
> *it reported:
> /perl: 5.8.0 ok
> apache_test: 1.03 ok
> Can't locate mod_perl.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib
> C:/Perl/site/lib .) at build/version_check
> .pl line 28.
> Please upgrade mp2 first. at Makefile.PL line 13.
> /
> Only when I got mod_perl installed I could run *perl Makefile.PL
> --without-perl *sucessfully.

I forgot about the build/version_check.pl script checking
things - you're right that it does demand mod_perl
and Apache-Test. I guess in principle these could be
relaxed if not building the perl glue (for mod_perl) and/or
testing (for Apache-Test).

> Another problem:
> libapreq2.mak  references apreq_tables.c(.obj) which is not in src\
> folder anymore.

Thanks for pointing that out - I missed that. It's
been fixed in the current cvs version.

--
best regards,
randy