httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [INFO] mod_usertrack bug
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 06:24:40 GMT
Quoting Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com>:

> FYI, the RFC 2965 support
> in mod_usertrack is absolutely wretched (it's based on an
> ancient early draft, that for various and sundry reasons
> wasn't adopted in the final version of 2965).  Opera has the
> best (only?) User Agent support for 2965 among the major
> browsers, but mod_usertrack's 2965 implementation won't work
> with it.  I'd advise you to stick with Netscape cookies,
> especially if you're going to use mod_usertrack.

Thanks for the info. I was actually testing everything in my module up until
this bug occured with RFC2965 cookies, but I'll sure use older ones now.

BTW, I have tested libapreq2-2.01-dev-rc2.tar.gz in my environment and it seems
to work just fine. Didn't get around to testing the latest tarball yet...

--
Bojan