httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: apreq 2 Status?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:41:49 GMT
David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> writes:

> Just out of curiosity, what's the status of apreq 2?

Pretty good, I'd say.  A developer's release of libapreq-2 is
next on my todo list here.

> How far away does a release look?

The remaining obstacles are listed in httpd-apreq-2/STATUS.
This week I've been working to ensure apreq works seamlessly
with internal redirects, which I'm hoping is nearly complete
(today I added some really nasty redirect tests, so I'm hoping
they'll actually pass :-).   From my POV, the remaining stuff is
mainly to ensure the build system works on all the usual platforms,
adopt a versioning system (no dll hell, please!), and add some perl
glue for parser API.  And write more docs, of course :-).

> Could the status be put on the apreq Web page so that I don't
> have to bug folks here, anymore?

:-) Easier said than done- the pages are generated with Java
utilities (ant), and I don't know if anyone here is familiar
enough with ant to actually enjoy editing the apreq webpage.

--
Joe Schaefer