httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: apreq 2 Status?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 12:36:30 GMT
Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com> writes:

> Quoting Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com>:
>
> > David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> writes:
> >
> > > Just out of curiosity, what's the status of apreq 2?
> >
> > Pretty good, I'd say.  A developer's release of libapreq-2 is
> > next on my todo list here.
>
> Cool. I have done some work on that static linking thing. I can have
> the patch to you some time tomorrow (Sydney time), if you're
> interested. I can't promise it looks nice, but at least it's a
> starting point... And, of course, I get mod_apreq statically linked
> into Apache 2 - hurray!

Great- that'll be a nice feature (there's no rush, though-  I'm shooting
for a dev release happening about two weeks from today).  I'm also
curious to see if the current build system actually works on OS X.  If
it doesn't, having an alternate static solution will come in handy.

[...]

> I'm not sure if the fix for that NULL problem that I mentioned is
> going to be included... Do you want me to have more look into the code
> to see where exactly we need such a test and ultimately submit a patch?

It wouldn't hurt :-).  I am working locally with a patched apreq.h, but
I haven't sorted out

  1) what macros I want defined/undefined to enable the assert(P!=NULL)
     expression,
  2) how to incorporate those choices into our configure options
     ("off" for normal builds, "on" for "maintainer-mode" builds).

I'm leaning towards something like

#ifdef DEBUG
#include <assert.h>
... use assert version...
else
...use normal version...
#endif

but I'm also worried about whether or not third-party developers would
prefer it if we used APREQ_DEBUG instead.  However, we already define
that macro for our logging API.  We could change those to use APLOG_
instead (after all, the logging macros were cribbed directly from
httpd), which might be a good idea anyway...   thus my malaise over
the whole blasted issue %^<.

[...]

> Is the page done through Anakia or XSLT? I should be familiar with
> both. Where do the pages live - I keep forgeting the URL's for the
> Apache sites themselves.

I'm pretty sure it's Anakia.  The cvs repository is "httpd-site":
the raw docs are in the xdocs/apreq directory, and the generated
ones wind up in docs/apreq.  Typing "ant" in the base directory
generates /docs from /xdocs.

--
Joe Schaefer