httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/env/cgi_test/t/conf .cvsignore extra.conf.in
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 06:24:08 GMT
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> randyk@apache.org writes:
>
> > randyk      2003/10/11 21:46:20
> >
> >   Added:       env/cgi_test cgi_test.c
> >                env/cgi_test/t TEST.PL cgi.t
> >                env/cgi_test/t/cgi-bin .cvsignore
> >                env/cgi_test/t/conf .cvsignore extra.conf.in
> >   Log:
> >   Moved cgi_test.c, a cgi C script used to test libapreq_cgi,
> >   to its own directory, and make separate associated test files, as
> >   there were conflicts when run under env/t/ due to loading
> >   of mod_apreq.
>
> I'm confused by this- can you say more about the mod_apreq conflicts
> you were seeing?  Why is mod_apreq getting loaded into the cgi process?

I'm not sure if this is a Win32 thing or not, but when
I tried running the cgi tests from within env/t/, it
crashed due to the
   LoadModule apreq_request_test_module ...
   LoadModule apreq_access_test_module ...
   LoadModule apreq_redirect_test_module ...
directives - if I commented those out (as well as the
directives in the associated <Location></Location> blocks),
then things were OK. So I couldn't run the two tests
concurrently. I thought this was due to conflicts with
mod_apreq - there was a problem linking the c-modules on
Win32 that required inclusion of -lmod_apreq (just as what
happens with the perl glue). This may be peculiar to Win32
- I was going to try to put together the Makefiles on
Linux to see what happens there, and also try, on
Win32, to see how one can build the c-modules and perl glue
without having to explicitly add -lmod_apreq.

--
best regards,
randy