httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [aq2] configure warnings
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:34:36 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

>>>Huh?  Then how do you propose we link the perl glue against the
>>>soon-to-be-compiled-from-source-libapreq2?
>>
>>When makemaker generates this warning, it removes the reported entries
>>from LIBS that gets used at the end.
>

> That's certainly a bad situation, since the perl glue will be b0rked if
> it does not link against -lapreq2.  I just added the --enable-perl-glue
> option to cvs, which should take care of the timing issue (ensures the
> library exists before MP::MM creates the Makefiles).  Give it a try.

Looks better. Though we now have warnings, which won't compile under -Werror.

/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/Apache/Request/Apache__Request.h:63:

warning: `apreq_xs_make_param' defined but not used
make[5]: *** [Request.o] Error 1
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h:387:
warning: `apreq_xs_encode' defined but not used
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/apreq_xs_postperl.h:408:
warning: `apreq_xs_decode' defined but not used
/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/Apache/Request/Apache__Request.h:63:

warning: `apreq_xs_make_param' defined but not used

Also it seems that the whole thing builds itself twice, including the xs
generator. I'm using:

make clean
./buildconf
CCOPTS='-Werror -O0 -g' /usr/bin/perl-5.8.1-ithread Makefile.PL
--with-apache2-apxs=/home/stas/httpd/prefork/bin/apxs
make
make test
make perl_glue
make perl_test

indeed running 'make perl_glue' rebuilds xs from scratch, as many times as you
invoke it. There should be a target file against which make can check whether
it has built it already and do nothing if that's the case.

Otherwise it builds fine. Thanks Joe.