httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [aq2] configure warnings
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:53:09 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>>Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

> [...]
>>>
>>>Yes, but it's rather expected, since the library hasn't been
>>>compiled at this stage in the process.
>>
>>In which case it shouldn't pass -lapreq2 in LIBS.
>

> Huh?  Then how do you propose we link the perl glue against
> the soon-to-be-compiled-from-source-libapreq2?

When makemaker generates this warning, it removes the reported entries from
LIBS that gets used at the end. if you check the generated Makefile

e.g. take a look at: glue/perl/xs/Apache/Cookie/Makefile. It shows that LIBS
was passed including -lapreq2, but if you look at the real value of EXTRALIBS
which make uses, it doesn't contain this library. Meaning that it's not being
linked with, meaning that it shouldn't be there, since it's ignored anyway.