httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [aq2] a few issues with the perl glue
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:59:50 GMT
If someone is looking for something to do, here are a few small things to be
fixed. The following uses the fresh checkout (or after a complete cleanup)

1) if perl doesn't have ExtUtils::XSBuilder installed we get:
httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl> perl-5.8.1 Makefile.PL -apxs
/home/stas/httpd/prefork/bin/apxs
Building xs/  ...
failed to run xsbuilder: Base class package "ExtUtils::XSBuilder::ParseSource"
is empty.
     (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)
  at ../../build/xsbuilder.pl line 101

which doesn't tell you that it can't find ExtUtils::XSBuilder

2) if xs tables weren't built yet (perl ../../build/xsbuilder.pl run), we get:

perl-5.8.1-ithread  Makefile.PL -apxs /home/stas/httpd/prefork/bin/apxs
Building xs/  ...
Parse xsbuilder/maps/apache_types.map...
Parse xsbuilder/maps/apr_types.map...
Parse xsbuilder/maps/apreq_types.map...
unlink xs/typemap
unlink xs/apreq_xs_typedefs.h
unlink xs/apreq_xs_sv_convert.h
rmdir xs
mkdir xs
writing...xs//typemap
failed to run xsbuilder: Missing directory ./xsbuilder/tables/Apache/libapreq2
at
/home/stas/perl/5.8.1-ithread/lib/site_perl/5.8.1/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/ParseSource.pm
line 494.
/
again it probably should tell what to do, or just build it...

Thanks.