httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: -Werror compilation errors
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:55:21 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>>> something like
>>>
>>> $ CCFLAGS=-Wno-unused make
>>>
>>> or even
>>>
>>> $ CCFLAGS=-Wno-unused ./configure
>

>> According to gcc manual, it should work:
>

> right.  the issue is, though, that it's not being picked up by either of
> the two options above.  I also tried CCOPTS and a bunch of other things,
> but my build still only contains the options I used to build mod_perl:
>
> -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
> -Werror
>
> so, it's not like -Wno-unused doesn't work - I can't even get it to be
> recognized.
>
> I'm sure it's just a failing of my non-C mind, though...

I can't see anything that has to do with C ;)

Here is a temp workaround for you:

httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl> make MPOLLUTE=-Wno-error

derived from Makefile:

MPOLLUTE =
CCCMD = $(CC) -c $(PASTHRU_INC) $(INC) \
         $(CCFLAGS) $(OPTIMIZE) \
         $(PERLTYPE) $(MPOLLUTE) $(DEFINE_VERSION) \
         $(XS_DEFINE_VERSION)

just used the unused flag ;) Certainly something to fix.

>> Of course if you would have built mp without MP_MAINTAINER=1 it won't
>> be used as well ;)
>

> yeah, thanks :)
>
> but it's pretty silly that I can't compile apreq without recompiling
> mod_perl presently - there ought to be a quick way to disable this that
> I'm missing.

Agreed.