httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: -Werror compilation errors
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:52:02 GMT

>> something like
>>
>> $ CCFLAGS=-Wno-unused make
>>
>> or even
>>
>> $ CCFLAGS=-Wno-unused ./configure

> According to gcc manual, it should work:

right.  the issue is, though, that it's not being picked up by either of the
two options above.  I also tried CCOPTS and a bunch of other things, but my
build still only contains the options I used to build mod_perl:

-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Werror

so, it's not like -Wno-unused doesn't work - I can't even get it to be
recognized.

I'm sure it's just a failing of my non-C mind, though...

> Of course if you would have built mp without MP_MAINTAINER=1 it won't be
> used as well ;)

yeah, thanks :)

but it's pretty silly that I can't compile apreq without recompiling
mod_perl presently - there ought to be a quick way to disable this that I'm
missing.

--Geoff